Release Reminder on the Jordan ‘Bred’ XI & ‘Thunder’ IV
December 17, 2012 § 2 Comments
***Finish Line will be selling them, but you had to be a member of their Winner’s Circle Club and have had to received an e-mail from Finish Line to register online. Only one ticket can be filled out for all of Finish Line.***
For those of you that will be in Southern California during the release make sure to check out WSS stores as they will be releasing the Bred 11s at all of their locations. The Thunder 4s will be at select locations. WSS does not do raffles opting to go with first come, first serve approach. Usually locations will have some leftovers at the end of the day, but I wouldn’t risk it with the Bred 11s.
Smaller “mom & pop” Sneaker boutiques/stores will be doing the traditional wait in line and first come, first serve. A backup if you have the time on the morning of the 21st to wait in line. Rock Paper Scissors on Capitol Hill will likely be carrying them.
NikeTown stores will be doing the Twitter R.S.V.P. process so make sure you are following your local NikeTown location(s) to have a chance.
For the Bred 11s the NikeTown locations will be doing their random tweet on 12/19.
The instructions on how that process works are below.
Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. This process does not apply to Nike.com or non-Nike-owned stores at this time.
The Twitter RSVP Process:
A successful RSVP ensures a better opportunity for you to purchase Nike product. This opportunity is not a guarantee of your purchase of Nike product.
- On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
- Once registration is open, you must Direct Message (“DM”) the store within 60 minutes. The DM must include:
- The product-specific #tag tweeted by the store
- Your first and last name
- Your shoe size (limit one).
- Confirmations from the store will be sent via DM to those who have successfully secured their requested size. Shoes will be awarded on a “first respond, first serve” basis for your requested size, with the exception that Nike has the right in our sole discretion at any time to cancel, modify or suspend the Twitter RSVP process for any reason including due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other reason which in the sole opinion of Nike affects the security, fairness, integrity, administration, or proper conduct of this Twitter RSVP process. Nike is not responsible for late, lost incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered Tweets or for any other communication or other delivery errors in connection with this Twitter RSVP. If Nike terminates the Twitter RSVP process, Nike has the option to select potential winners in a random drawing among valid, non-suspect, eligible entries, or, as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Nike.
- Confirmed recipients must pick up their product (in person w/ identification) from the store on the day of launch during the timeframe specified by the store. Unclaimed product will be announced on Twitter and will be re-released at the store’s discretion.
How do you properly RSVP through DM?
- Step 1: Make sure you are following the store Twitter account in order to send a DM.
Note: Nike does not need to follow you because its Twitter accounts are verified
- Step 2: Watch for the store to send a RSVP tweet at a random time on the designated RSVP day.
Example Tweet: Twitter #RSVP is now open for the Air Foamposite One.#Electrolime
- Step 3: you respond with a DM to the Nike store Twitter account.
Example DM: #Electrolime, Michael Jordan, 10.5
[unique #tag], [first, last name], [shoe size]Not all apps have Direct Message capabilities. Using Twitter.com on a desktop or the official Twitter app on a mobile device is safe to plan on. If you use a different app for Twitter, test it for DM capabilities before the Twitter RSVP begins.(For more information about sending a DM, see the Twitter Help Center.)
Twitter RSVP Terms and Conditions:
- One item allowed per person/Twitter account, even if you receive two confirmations of successful registrations. Abuse of this rule may result in denial of purchase or entry to future launches.
- Confirmed recipients must provide a valid ID (State/Passport/Military/School ID) with a first and last name that matches the first and last name provided for RSVP.
- Size cannot be changed once it has been confirmed to a person through Twitter RSVP.
- Resell or trade of Twitter RSVP confirmation is prohibited.
- Twitter RSVP confirmation is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or for credit towards any purchase.
- Only those who successfully RSVP are allowed to line up at the store for this release.
- Launch process is always subject to change at any time at the discretion of Nike, Inc.
Find your local Nike Store Twitter account:
|Store Name||City||State||Twitter Handle|
|Nike Las Vegas||Las Vegas||Nevada||@NikeLasVegas|
|NIKETOWN Los Angeles||Beverly Hills||California||@NikeLA|
|Nike Mall of America||Bloomington||Minnesota||@NikeMallAmerica|
|Nike Montalban||Los Angeles||California||@NikeMontalban|
|NIKETOWN New York||New York||New York||@NikeNYC|
|Nike Portland (separate Twitter RSVP process)||Portland||Oregon||@NikePortland|
|Nike Roosevelt Field||Garden City||New York||@NikeRooseveltFD|
|NIKETOWN San Francisco||San Francisco||California||@NikeSF|
|Nike Santa Monica||Santa Monica||California||@NikeSantaMonica|
|Nike 21 Mercer||New York||New York||@21mercer|